3/10/2017

Sweet Girl

I love when I can combine work and play... 
This is one of my monthly projects for Creative Embellishments and it was inspired by the Lindy's Stamp Gang and More than Words March challenges.
I've had this picture of my friends beautiful daughter for a while now, I just loved the Smash the cake photo shoot she did for her daughter's first birthday. Wish that concept existed 18 years ago (sniff..). 

 This Smash the cake picture is perfect for the Lindy's challenge don't you think?

I wanted a classy but fun look for this page, and really wanted to use texture to give some of the feeling of that cake frosting.

I started by applying molding paste thru a flower stencil, then added 2 different colors of similar hues of my Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays. I've mentioned it before, but in case you missed it, I add my sprays with a paint brush to have better control of my prays. I used two of the colors of the March color combo for Lindy's Stamp Gang.


Now the smash the cake was for her 1st birthday, so I wanted to ensure I would have the Happy Birthday small words on the page. I struggled on where to place it for a while, then it took place. I wanted to add just a few touches of black to add some dimension, so I also added this beautiful embossed half butterfly it was the perfect touch and a suggestion from the More than Words March challenge.
Notice also the small frame underneath, they have become my favorite chippies and go on all my projects, I just can't get enough of theses small frames. For the candy effect, the art stones worked perfectly and really take the color of the stains. Love this effect.


Now for a few more pictures...

Ohhh the 3 inch clock chipboard, another recent favorite:



And last but not least, this beautiful Sweet Girl Chipboard title, I just love it simply embossed in white.



The Lindy's Stamp Gang moodboard:

My smash the cake picture is just perfect for this challenge don't you think?



Link to the Lindy's Stamp Gang products I used:



The More than Words moodboard:


The challenge:
Word Inspiration - BEAUTIFUL
Creative Challenge - BUTTERFLY

BEAUTIFUL
That was easy, Have you seen this girl, she is just a stunning Princess, and how cute is she in this picture? She truly was the inspiration for my page. I also found that the colors of this picture resemble the one of the challenge board.



BUTTERFLY:
Again, that was easy, love my chipboard butterfly. The black touch makes it stand out.


The Creative Embellishments products used on this challenge are the following:







I hope you enjoyed my take on these challenges

Photobucket

19 comments:

Colleen said...

France,
This is such a beautiful page. I adore your projects all the details and love you put in them

Jannet said...

Beautiful! I love the colour and all of the lovely flowers and embellishments

Kareen Dion said...

Jolie page France, belle interprétation du challenge! Merci de ta participation à More Than Words!!

Heather McMahon said...

This really is so sweet! I adore the background. It's great you could join us at More Than Words this month.

Kerry Fellowes said...

Gorgeous page and a great take on the challenge, thanks for playing along at Lindy's :)

Di Garling said...

Oh France this is totally GORGEOUS & that photo is fabulous. A perfect interpretation of our challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us at More Than Words challenge.

Di Garling said...

Ooops I forgot to say thanks for playing along with the Lindy's challenge. 😄😄😄

Caroline Elliam said...

Ta page est si belle, tellement de détails qui en font un vrai chef d'oeuvre! Merci d'avoir participé aux défis de More than words et de Lindy's stamp gang :*

Solange Marques said...

Just stunning!!! Love the layout! Thanks for playing at Lindy's challenge!

Elena Martynova said...

Such a wonderful take on our colours. Gorgeous photo. Thanks for playing along with Lindy's and More Than Words challenge this month!

talkis23 said...

Superbe encore une fois tu es en feu bravo j'Adore tout de ta page merci de ta participation au défi Lindy's

Nicole Doiron said...

So very lovely!! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

Tina Stepanova said...

Mmm, such a gorgeous layout! Love it! Thank you for joining Lindy's color challenge this month

Sanderijn de Bruin said...

What a wonderful page. I love the composition and the way you've created the soft details. Thank you for joining More Than Words and Lindy's Color Challenge this month.

Natalie said...

Such a beautiful page
Thanks for playing along with Lindys

kavitha said...

Really so sweet.Thank you for joining us at "More than words" challenge!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful LO. Thanks for playing at Lindy's challenge and More Than Words challenge :)

Mary Tzalla said...

This is absolutely fabulous! Love it! Thank you so much for joining us at Lindy's color challenge

Kerry Fellowes said...

Gorgeous Layout! Thanks for playing along at Lindy's :)