3/05/2015

IW 2015- Week 5- Love

Oh yes it was week 5 inspiration wednesday video last night and I just had to get playing with it.
 
It was a fairly long process to do, alot of drying time was required because we used very thick light molding paste and then construction joint spackle for texture on the book. Not to mention sticking the threads. So I started the journal before dinner and completed it quite late in the evening.
 
Boy was I happy to see that I had the new Donna Downey bird stencil set at home, I just wanted to do the same page as Donna, and not try to make it different. I will most likely do another version of this on a canveas at one point because I love the result.
 

For the nest, I opted to use lace ribbons that I had in my stash. I glued them down initially, the added some light molding paste in certain corners. Made certain to cover everything with Gel medium befor doing the washes.


A touch of Cuts2Luv flair with thsi beautiful bage as my title:


It was my sons birthday yesterday, so I dedicated this page to him, So.. since he's taller than I am now, guess who is the big bird... LOL...

Wishing you a bright and colorful day !
 
Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, France. I'm in the IW group also. Love your bright colors and that you used lace for the nest. It turned out great! Mine is still in process. Cut my first stencil - a bird - and using tan paper crinkle for the nest. So much fun! Cheers! Grenae