9/08/2016

Dusty Attic September blog challenge entry

INSPIRED ! oh my oh my, what a fabulous moodboard on the Dusty Attic blog this month. Love Love Love it !.So... I had the idea of making my own dream catcher. It's not perfect, but it's not bad either... I am happy with the end result.
 
Here is my canvas for this challenge:

I love this Dusty Attic chipboard: Always find time for the things in life that make you happy.

It is hard to get the depth of the canvas, so here is a different angle:


I started my background by adding molding paste thru a stars stencils by Prima. Then when it was dry, I painted the background brown and removed some of the paint with some tissue paper:


Then I added the dabs of gold and turquois shimmer paints, funny how the light makes it look green even thought it is in the blue hues... So hard to take a good picture of shimmer paints I find.


I added some paint splatters and the used a foam doily as the center of my dream catcher. I used a metal circle that I covered in ribbon for the external part of the dream catcher. 


Then came the final touches with adding the Cuts2Luv badge, the flowers and the embossed title.


Here is the beautiful moodboard and link:



Dusty Attic link 
 
Thanks for the INSPIRATION ladies, I hope you enjoy my take on your board.
France

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Gorgeous canvas... adore all the beautiful textures!! Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us at Dusty Attic :)

Jen said...

This is gorgeous, thankyou for sharing your process and for joining in on the Mood Board challenge this month

Sharon Fritchman said...

Your work of art is absolutely beautiful! I love that you shared your creative process with all of us! Thank you!!! HUGS!

Heather McMahon said...

This is wonderful! I adore that shimmer paint and the dream catcher is awesome! Thanks for joining in at The Dusty Attic.

Tina Ollett said...

Wow this is simply a beautiful canvas. I can see all the love that has gone into this. Thankyou so much for playing along with us this month at The Dusty Attic.

Patricia said...

This is really a beautiful and clever take on our Dusty Attic moodboard this month! Thank you so much for playing along with us,,,,