9/26/2014

Dina Wakley class- Faces

Oh my, what can I say other than I spoiled myself rotten last weekend and attended a few classes with none other than Mixed -Media queen Dina Wakley. Over the years, when I started creating playing with mixed-media, I have bought her book and have admired her work by following her work. 

Not only is she very talented, but she is a fabulous teacher and a very sweet person.

So, I totally got out of my comfort zone with her faces class. I have never taken a drawing class and faces have intimated me since forever. I decided to take the leap and just try it. 


Our first instruction was to create a face without any instruction, 30 seconds only, no think go she said...


So I'll skip a few, but here is the first face where Dina got us to mix our own paint for the skin tone, lucky me to have my friend Sophie mixing the batch, here she is my pink hair beauty Face #4


Face #5 is a side view, oh my what a challenge, the change in perspective is quite different and difficult. I like the result, I think she looks like a Disney Princess with her big eyes.


Challeng #6, Drawing one of our friends. Well, can you say I stopped breathing at this part... I have to say it does kinda look like Caroline, what do you think?


Challenge #8, Color block technique, the concept is to paint a mix pallet on the page in the shape of a face, then draw the face afterwards. I like how it turned out. Can't wait to do a few more of them soon.


So, now we have been put to a challenge, to draw 100 faces...

So I am going to do this challenge, I really do want to improve this and let's see how much I can train myself to draw in the next few months.

Photobucket

No comments: