3/07/2018

Blue Fern Studios March projects

Hi bloggers, I can't believe that it's March already. Time is flying but, but I am enjoying crafting for the Blue Fern Studios Design team. This month, I'll be sharing 2 layouts and 1 off the page project. 

Capture the Moment Layout #1



The starting point for this layout was this beautiful picture of my 2 sons and I taken during our Riviera Maya vacation last summer. I wanted to extend on my layout the colors of my picture, so a blue background with a sandy beach.

I chose the beige background from In the Mood - Flirty paper. Once covered with Gesso, I layed my foundation of ink on the top half.


I wanted to have multi tones on my chipboard to give it more dimension. I opted to cover my clock and rectangle pieces in Ginger, Black & Gold and finally a touch of Oatmeal embossing powders.

The bottom of the layout, in order to create a beach feel effect I worked with cheese cloth and wool fibers that I glued with gel medium. Then I added touches of small stones and 4 colors of seedlings: Paprika, Twig, Gold Nugget & Glass.



Once my background was complete, I chose to build my layers. For my title, I chose to use 14 Karat embossing powder. I love the glitter it adds to the layout.


This last picture shows the beautiful Blue Fern flowers, more details on the embossed chipboard & seedlings. I also included Rose Gold glitter but it's impossible to capture the glitter on my picture.


Blue Fern Studios product used on this layout:

Paper Collection: In the Mood Flirty & Pensive

Seedlings:
Paprika
Twig
Gold Nugget
Glass

Embossing Powders:
Black & Gold
Ginger
Oatmeal
14 Karat

Glitter: Rose Gold

Flowers :
Chesterville blooms
Homespun blooms
Heartland blossoms


***********************

Formidable layout # 2

Time for another magnificent picture of my gorgeous niece with her family. I just love the vibrancy of the red in the picture and chose to use that for my highlights.

 Remnants Westfield is my chosen paper for this layout.


I had fun playing with different techniques on this layout. The first step was to emboss different sections with the Green Ivory Embossing Powder.  I used 2 stamps to emboss on my background paper: Weathered Doily & Honeycomb.



I chose to alter the circle chipboard with black gesso, and some waxes to give them an antique look & feel.

I love adding the small sentiments from the Remnants printed chipboard set.

Can you see the top of my tags? I like making my own tags, they make wonderful ornaments for my layering. Here is used leftovers of my Remnants collection. 


I wanted to add some shine to my flowers, so I added touches of white & gold glitter


Blue Fern Studios product used on this layout:

Paper Collection: Remnants Westfield

Embossing Powder: Green Ivory

Glitter: White & Gold

Stamps:
Weathered Doily
Honeycomb

Chipboard:
French adjectives
techno Rings
Printed Remnants

***********************

Off the page project: Vision Board 2018

Have you ever made a vision board? This year at work, I hosted a team event where we I invited our team members to create their combined work & personal vision board for 2018.

The goal of a vision board is that if you see you goals on a daily level... you set-up you mind to making them happen.


To set-up my board I used many elements from my Blue Fern collection.

The first step was making my chipboard world map. I wanted it to pop out so I chose Blue Sky embossing powder:


Second elements where to use my gorgeous Blue Fern stamp sets. I love the words Family and Hopes & Dreams. I found them perfect for the family section of my board.



To create sections, I chose to use the frames in the Homespun printed chipboard set:

Here we can see a printed frame and the word Journey, both from my stamp stash.


And lastly, more of the Homespun printed chipboard elements. They are just adorable.


Disclaimer: I did pull off the internet and Pinterest some quotes that I found to complete the vision board. 

Blue Fern Studios product used on this layout:

Embossing Powder: Blue Sky

Stamps:
Hopes & Dreams
Distressed Titles
Floral Vignettes

Chipboard:
Printed Homespun


I hope you enjoyed my 3 projects for March and I wish you an amazing crafty month !




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting, You're a very professional blogger.
I've joined your feed and look ahead to seeking more of your great post.
Additionally, I've shared your website in my social networks

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Its genuinely awesome post, I have got much
clear idea concerning from this paragraph.