11/01/2018

Future & Stars -November More Than Words challenge

Collect Beautiful Moments, one of my dream destination, Northern Canada to see the Northern Lights.

FUTURE: As you know, I LOVE to travel, it is probably one of my biggest motivation to keep me working, guess I need the money to travel so it's my daily motivation. I have quite a huge bucket list of places to go, but this one is probably the one that I do not know when I will go, but I do dream of going one day, up to Northern Canada to see the Northern Lights. What's stopping me right now you must say... Well it's cold up there. haha.

STARS: When I hear stars, I think of the sky, then it makes me think of this beautiful Northern skyline with the amazing colors that they get. I can't even imagine how beautiful it must be to see this live. Foe the Star part of my challenge, I opted to use some mistable stars from Studio Calico that I had in my stash. I colored them with my Lindy's inks.



I wanted to reproduce on my background, the beautiful colors of the sky, so I played with my stencils and inks to build my background.


As you can see, the stars give a nice contrast or complement this mixed-media background:


Added a few sequins to highlight the brightness of the stars. I also added a big world map chipboard that I covered in white gesso and again gave it a water color effect with the Lindy's inks.

Colors used are: Mad Hatter Mint, Azure Sea Asters, Prima Donna Purple & Witch's Potion Purple


Last touch, this cute night owl with my flower ornaments


So what doe this inspire you to create?


I hope you liked my take on our More Than Words November challenge, and I hope you will be playing along...



1 comment:

aussie aNNie said...

France your work is inspirational and loved this on the challenge blog...think I can learn a thing or two from you....I am now FOLLOWING your blog.xx
[aussie aNNie blog] ♥ ♥