8/19/2017

Seabreeze for Creative Embellishments


Good morning everyone, wow, I am the only one wanting the summer to last forever? Living in Canada, we never know what our weather will be like in the summer, so often we head down south for our Summer vacations. For this project, I have another old picture from our family vacations to Virginia Beach. This one was taken on our very first trip there. I think it was most likely 2001 or 2002. My sons were very young, but loved to play in the waves.

I started this layout wanting a darker toned summer page. My starting point with this Blue Fern Studio paper was to add a layer of embossing powder on my background thru a stencil, then I added the dark blue embossing powder. 


Next step was to start the layering of my chipboard. Some I left natural color (title and butterfly).



I heat embossed in Navy blue the anchor and added some white twine and a flower as an ornament:


The clock I embossed with a multitoned embossing powder:


Once my chipboard were positioned, I started my layering. I have several layers of paper, some paper doilies then I finished with my flowers and some larger twine and cheese cloth.
The very last step is to add some splatters of liquid gesso, I enjoy the dimension this adds to the project.

Products used on this page:
1 piece of this Butterfly set:



So what is your favorite vacation place?
Thanks for looking, I wish you a wonderful crafty day !


No comments: